If spoken English is not your first language, we can provide you with free language interpretation or sign language interpretation when you access our services at the Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic. Our interpreters are professionally trained and have specialized knowledge of violence against women and gender diverse people issues.
We provide free interpretation services to service providers serving woman abuse survivors in many settings, including:
- individual or group counselling sessions
- in shelters, for counselling, workshops and residents’ meetings
- at Domestic Violence Courts, during preparation, trials, partner contact, crown meetings and conference calls, and for general information
- at the Women’s College Hospital sexual assault unit, for crisis counselling, short-term counselling, emergency and follow-up medical care
- at legal aid and immigration offices
- at medical appointments
- at legal appointments
- appointments with housing, welfare, employment insurance and other social services
- in other group settings, including educational workshops or therapy groups
- at settlement and other agencies
- at schools, for PTA meetings, registrations, etc.
We're Here to Support You
Our intake counsellors are ready to listen, assess your situation, and provide the most appropriate resources for your needs. Please reach out to us today.